Home made Alfredo Sauce is actually very easy if you know how to make white sauce. They are basically the same, the only difference is the addition of cheese.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups milk or half and half
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium low heat.
2. Add minced garlic ,do not burn, cook for 30 seconds or until the aroma comes out
3. Quickly add the softened cream cheese. Whisk well
4. Add milk, a little at a time while whisking for a smoother consistency.
5. Add Parmesan cheese, salt, nutmeg and pepper to taste .
6. Whisk all together until thicken or in a sauce like consistency. Do not boil.
7. Turn off the heat and set aside ,Whisk once in a while. Thin with milk if too thick.
8. Pour over your favorite pasta.