This morning my son made popcorn for snack while watching TV. He went into the kitchen .Pulled out a pack of popcorn in the cupboard. Read the instructions written on it .It says 2-5 minutes. Put the pop corn pack into the microwave .Set it to 5 minutes. Ran back in front of the TV .Then checked the popcorn after 3 minutes.The result was this.
Burnt Pop corn
Left over popcorn, what do you do with it? Try to make caramel coated popcorn out of it. Your kid will surely like it and saves you a lot of money than buying a packed.
1/3 cup white sugar
2 tbsp butter
Melt butter in a big pan. Stir in white sugar. Bring to a boil. Stirring constantly until the sugar melt well with the butter and you get a smooth consistency and golden yellow color. Turn off fire. Pour popcorn over the caramel syrup. You can add peanuts and raisins too if you want. Continue mixing until the popcorn is coated with caramel and started to harden.